Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Covenant that Yeshua` confirmed

Shalom, Mishpachah (Family).

Well, I'm back now.

In a nut shell, I've come to the conclusion that the tribulation is indeed something that has been going on (primarily for the Isra'elis) since the first century A.D.

Here are the basics:

First, Dani'el 9:24-27 says,

Dan 9:24-27
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV
As one can see in verse 26, the subject of the first phrase is "Messiah"; the subject of the second phrase is "people"; the subject of the third phrase is "end" and the subject of the fourth phrase is "desolations." The subject of the first phrase of verse 27 is "he"; the subject of the second phrase is "he"; the subject of the third phrase is "he"; and the subject of the fourth phrase is "that."

Of course, this is according to the English grammar of the King James Version translation.

Who is the antecedent of the "he's" of verse 27 is of primary debate. Those who believe this is a reference to the "Antichrist" suggest that the antecedent is "the prince that shall come" in verse 26; HOWEVER, the main concern with this view is that "the prince that shall come" is part of a prepositional phrase beginning with the preposition "of." As the object of a preposition, the word "prince" may NOT participate in ANY of the primary parts of speech for that phrase. In other words, it cannot be the subject, the direct object, or an indirect object for that phrase. Yet, the pronoun "he" found three times in verse 27 is the subject of each subsequent phrase. Therefore, their antecedents should also be a primary part of speech in one of the preceding phrases. The nearest word that acts as a subject is the word "Messiah." "Desolations" is plural; "the end" is not personal; and "people," although singular in number, is a collective noun and therefore refers to multiple persons, not just a "he."

So, in English, the antecedent of "he" being the "Messiah" means that...

1. "The Messiah" shall confirm the covenant with many for one week,
2. In the midst of the week "the Messiah" shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and
3. For the overspreading of abominations "the Messiah" shall make it desolate, even until the consummation.

So now one will ask, "How did the Messiah confirm the covenant with many for one week?"

Let's look at some verses:

2 Samuel 23:1-5
1 Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
2 The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.
4 And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.
5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.
KJV

1 Chronicles 11:1-3
1 Then all Israel gathered themselves to David unto Hebron, saying, Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh.
2 And moreover in time past, even when Saul was king, thou wast he that leddest out and broughtest in Israel: and the Lord thy God said unto thee, Thou shalt feed my people Israel, and thou shalt be ruler over my people Israel.
3 Therefore came all the elders of Israel to the king to Hebron; and David made a covenant with them in Hebron before the Lord; and they anointed David king over Israel, according to the word of the Lord by Samuel.
KJV

1 Chronicles 17:1-14
1 Now it came to pass, as David sat in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, Lo, I dwell in an house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord remaineth under curtains.
2 Then Nathan said unto David, Do all that is in thine heart; for God is with thee.
3 And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,
4 Go and tell David my servant, Thus saith the Lord, Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in:
5 For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.
6 Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, Why have ye not built me an house of cedars?
7 Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel:
8 And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth.
9 Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,
10 And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the Lord will build thee an house.
11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.
KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment