Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Millennium, part 2

Shalom, everyone!

Well, I've been busy with some calculations lately on the New Jerusalem. In particular, I have a 1-foot diameter globe and I was doing the math to come up with a scale model of the New Jerusalem for that globe.

The dimensions are such that each side is 2.25 inches wide at the base corners and a little over 3 inches for the height of each side. One day, I will make a scale model made from red plexiglass, but for now, cardboard had to suffice. The trick was to cut the bottom of each side so that it would fit snugly to the globe. This can be accomplished by using a compass long enough to scribe an arc at 9-11/16 inches away from each corner at the base, and where they intersect would be the center of the circle to use. Then, putting the point of the compass on the center point, scribe an arc across the bottom of each side using the radius of 9-11/16 inches.

I came to this conclusion because each side is (more or less) describing a plane that cuts the globe in a chord-like circle. Indeed, if one were to cut the globe orthogonally in half for a cut-away view, the circle would be reduced to a line and would indeed be the chord of a circle. The flat plane of the base of the described pyramid would actually be underground touching the REAL base of the pyramid in just the four corner points.

Anyway, when all the cutting is done, the pyramid will have arcs on the bottom of each side that should measure 1,500 miles on the scale of the globe, and the height of the pyramid will also be 1,500 miles from the "hump" in the middle of the square base of the pyramid.

What can I say? That's what I do for fun!


Now, about the Millennium, we've talked about Psalm 2 and the nature of the Millennium being the rulership of a "Benevolent Tyrant," when Yeshua` the Messiah literally becomes King and then King of kings, growing His Kingdom into a world empire, ruling over the Gentile nations with a rod of iron or an iron sceptre.

We've mentioned that in 1 Cor. 15:20-28, Rav Sha'uwl (Paul) said that He must reign "until He has put all enemies under His feet."

It will be a time of rest for Isra'el when their King reigns as prophesied, and we who were Gentiles before being grafted into the Olive Tree of the Messiah's Kingdom will also enjoy the blessings of the King. Those of His people who are ready will be reigning with Him as He doles out assignments with each entry of another nation into the group of tributary nations. But, hey, you shouldn't just take my word for it. Let's look at the Scriptures:

Jer 33:14-22
14 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.
15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.
17 For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
KJV


Jer 23:5-8
5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE Lord OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.
KJV


Isa 9:6-8
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.
KJV


Jer 30:7-11
7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
9 But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
10 Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the Lord; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
11 For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
KJV


Jer 33:15-21
15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.
17 For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want (lack) a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
KJV


Ezek 34:25-28
25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
26 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
27 And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
28 And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.
KJV


Ezek 37:22-27
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
KJV


Hos 3:4-5
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.
KJV


There are yet a couple of other passages to note:

But, next time...

In the Messiah's love,
Retrobyter

No comments:

Post a Comment